We found this recipe. It sounded strange, so of course we had to try it ourselves.
What did we decide? It’s a pretty damn good mousse, especially for you non-dairy folks out there.
Try your hand at it using our recipe below:
- 1 medium avocado [ripeness is key, but not over-ripe]
- 5 tbsp maple syrup [or to sweetness preference]
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strongly brewed dark roasted Electric Monkey Espresso
- ⅛ tsp salt [optional]
1 – Slice up that avocado and place in bowl – mush if doing this by hand. You can also use a food processor, blender or immersion blender
2 – Add cocoa, maple syrup, vanilla and salt
3. Pour in strongly brewed Electric Monkey Espresso
4 – Whip until smooth in consistency (or use your immersion blender/food processor)
5 – Chill slightly before eating
6 – Eat it up OR use as a frosting of sorts!