Coffee Tracker: Transparency in effect
Find Your Data and Organic Control Code
TRACK YOUR COFFEE:
What you see, from left to right is:
- Organic control code number
- Date of roasting
- The importer’s designation
- The green-lot number
- The price-per-pound paid to the grower cooperative and the link to the contract under which the green coffee was purchased.
Occasionally we are missing a piece of information or it takes us a little time to post. If you cannot find a contract or other document, please let us know and we will do our best to fix the issue.
Document explanation in order of appearance:
- Contract— This is the actual contract that we (Just Coffee and Cooperative Coffees) sign with the farmer cooperative. Cooperative Coffees is the importing cooperative that we are members and co-owners of– it is how we bring coffee into the U.S. and on to Madison. In this document you will find: name and address of the farmer co-op, final per pound price we paid, how many sacks we bought, organic and other certifications, port the coffee left from, and even humidity level and screen size of the beans. This is often in Spanish, so get your Google Translate ready if you do not habla espanol!
- Invoice from Farmer Co-op-– This is the total number of pounds multiplied by the price per pound. It is the actual bill the farmer co-op sends us.
- Shipping Bill Of Lading-– This is the document that declares what is being shipped, where it is going, and any handling instructions.
- Organic Transaction Certificate— This comes from the farmer cooperative and serves as proof to us and our organic certifiers that the coffee was farmed organically.
Don’t see your coffee’s contract? We’re still working to receive images from all of our suppliers, but it’s not common practice in the industry (yet). We hope to have the problem resolved soon!
all blog posts >>
Did we mention that we have a special lineup of Las Diosas this year? For the first time ever we will have 3 Diosas options-- Las Diosas, Diosas Dark, and Diosas Decaf! Be on the lookout next week for the big launch! This year's harvest was delayed because of the...read more
Just Coffee has co-authored this Dozens of Specialty Coffee’s best and brightest have signed this petition that we co-authored. Many of our ancestors also came to the US from far away looking for relief and better lives. You can read the text of our statement below....read more